Moong Daal (Mung Bean) is an outstanding prebiotic. It has been used in Ayurveda for over 1000 years to make medicine for digestion.
Other than being a food for the bacterias in the Gut, it is the most powerful antioxidant amongst all lentils, and is also loaded with many micro-nutrients. Mung bean is also extremely high in Protein, which digests slowly and keeps the kids energetic and Fit.
Read more on Micronutrients http://turmerich.com/2020/09/16/is-your-child-taking-any-micro-nutrient-at-all/
Due to these powerful results, billion dollar companies in the west are moving to Moong Daal (Mung bean) to prepare plant-based non-veg. protein which is more nutritious than original.
Read more on Protein http://turmerich.com/2020/09/06/how-to-add-9g-protein-to-your-diet-easily/
Without removing the shell of the bean, it can be prepared as Khichdi (porridge), Daal, Wrap, Cheela (pancake), Dosa or a paste to add in bread dough for all age-groups.
- 1cup whole mung bean (soak overnight) and blend/purée with enough water to make pancake like (not too runny) batter
- Add salt, pepper and carrom seeds (optional)
- Spread on hot non-stick pan (add drops of oil to cook)
- Flip to cooks on other side
- Take off the pan and apply any dressing or sauce like peanut butter or guacamole or tomato cause. Stuff with cheese, lettuce or salad leaves, grated carrot, mashed avocado, sliced tomato, cabbage and/ or other veggies.
- Roll and serve.